Monday, May 31, 2010

and so dawns the end of another busy semester! These were done for my background painting class; they are variations of scenes from "Pocahontas", "The Hunchback of Notre Dame", "Thumbelina" and " The lady and the Tramp" respectively. I think this class was a recap of color theory, layout and design. It helped me learn / think more about mixing colors , the behaviour of light/ shadows and the importance of color scripts in a film. It also got me reeally interested in getting back to landscape painting! I hope to get some quick studies done over the summer break.

4 comments:

Sluu said...

What the heck?! You took a semester off and managed to get even more amazing!

Preetha said...

aw, u r too kind Sluu! Loved your works at the Spring show! I feel like a complete slacker without you guys, miss u all!!

7414Stars said...

These background paintings are awesome!

Preetha said...

Thank you!